Need an SR-22? Simply Insurance has you covered! We file your SR-22 electronically with the Secretary of State the same day you obtain coverage so that your record of financial responsibility to the state can begin immediately. Don’t have a car? No problem! Simply Insurance provides SR-22 insurance and filing for non-drivers as well. Our electronic process ensures fast and secure delivery to the State, and we also provide you a receipt of the filing for your records.
Who Needs An SR-22?
- Your license has been suspended or revoked
- You received a violation for driving without insurance
- You had multiple moving violations in a 12-month period
- You have an unpaid ticket suspension
- You had a violation for driving under the influence
- You received a safety responsibility suspension
SR-22 Coverage Info
How Long Do I Need It?
SR-22 requirements vary per case and is subject to state law. However, in most cases SR-22s are required for anywhere from one to three years and must remain valid for the entire length of time mandated by the state.
What Happens If My Policy Lapses?
An SR-22 is a financial responsibility agreement between you and the state. In order for your SR-22 to remain valid, you must not allow your policy to cancel or lapse. Should your policy cancel or lapse, the Secretary of State is notified, and your license may be suspended.
What Are The Coverage Requirements?
State minimum coverage in Illinois is as follows:
- Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Uninsured Motorist: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage: $20,000